Amazon Echo Dot
Overview & Key Features
- Amazon Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, provide information, read the news, set alarms and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify and TuneIn. Play music simultaneously across multiple Echo devices and speakers connected via cable with multi-room music (Available for Amazon Music and TuneIn. Bluetooth not supported)
- Call or message anyone hands-free who also has an Echo device or the Alexa App. Also, quickly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice
- Controls lights, switches, TVs, thermostats and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Sony, Hive, Netatmo, Nest, tado° and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 microphones for far-field hands-free voice control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled device
- Always getting smarter - Alexa updates through the cloud automatically and is continually learning, adding new features and skills
Price History for Amazon Echo Dot Multimedia Speaker - Black
|Current Price||£39.00||4th October 2018|
|Highest Price||£49.99||10th April 2018|
|Lowest Price||£3.95||9th April 2018|
Last price changes
|£39.00||21st September 2018|
|£49.99||6th September 2018|
|£34.99||19th August 2018|
|£39.99||16th August 2018|
|£49.99||19th July 2018|
- All prices mentioned above are in British pound.
- This product is available in Argos, eBay, Amazon.co.uk, Currys, Very UK, John Lewis.
- At argos.co.uk you can purchase Amazon Echo Dot Multimedia Speaker - Black for only £39.00, which is 19% less than the cost in eBay (£47.99).
- The lowest price of Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation) Smart Assistant - White was obtained on 4th October 2018 8:10 pm.
Amazon Echo Dot, Echo, Echo Show sale14th December 2017 - WRAL.com
All-new Echo (2nd Gen) has a new speaker, new design, and is available in a range of styles including fabrics and wood veneers. Echo connects to Alexa to play music, make calls, set alarms and timers, ask questions, control smart home devices, and more...
Using Alexa to Christmas shop through Amazon's Echo Dot proves tricky14th December 2017 - News-Herald.com
. An Amazon Echo Dot is displayed during a program announcing several new Amazon products by the company, in Seattle. A test by an AP reporter finds that the virtual assistant Alexa...
This Amazon device had another record run over the holiday weekend28th November 2017 - CNBC
Amazon's Echo Dot was the top-selling product on Amazon.com over the holiday weekend, the company revealed Tuesday morning. Earlier this year, the mini Alexa-enabled device also outsold all other products on Amazon's Prime Day, which was the internet...
Gift This, Not That: Amazon Echo Vs. Google Home12th December 2017 - Forbes
There are a lot of options for smart speakers out there, but two devices reign supreme: Amazon's Echo and Google Home. But which one should you buy this Christmas? Echo and Home are similar in price, they have a similar amount of iterations and they...
Amazon 'Cyber Monday' 2017 Ad Sales: Early Echo, Echo Dot, Fire TV, Kindle Deals25th November 2017 - Forbes
Amazon's biggest Black Friday 2017 deals were sensational, but if you missed out the good news is here comes Amazon Cyber Monday. New deals will be available across thousands of products and extended for its hugely popular Echo, Echo Dot, Fire TV, Fire...
Amazon Echo Dot ad cleared over cat food order14th February 2018 - BBC News
A television ad for Amazon's Echo Dot smart speaker that caused a viewer's device to try to order cat food has been cleared by a UK regulator. The advert, which aired in October, featured a man asking Amazon's voice assistant Alexa to order Purina cat...
Youtubeback to menu ↑
The Echo dot is smaller and cheaper than its bigger siblings, but when connected to a good speaker can be just as capable
- Can be Mobile with added Battery
- Smaller & Cheaper than bigger Echo's
- Has Audio Output
- Prone to Interference with sensitive Audio
- Sound quality is poor (small speaker)