Hive Active Plug
Overview & Key Features
- Requires the Hive Hub (if you don't have Hive Active Heating) which connects all your Hive devices so you can control them with the Hive app
- Hive Active Plug works like an adaptor: Plug it into your wall socket then plug appliances into it as normal
- Control your appliances from your smartphone
- Check if you have left anything on wherever you are
- Set your lamps or electric heaters to switch off when you do not need them
- Sync with other Hive products like sensors using Hive Actions
- Set up to 6 time slots a day to turn things on and off
- A simple way to make your home work around you, leaving you to get on with the right stuff
- With a Hive Active Plug you can turn things on before you even get home and make sure things are off after you have left
The smart way to switch on and off
Get your lamps, kettle or TV switched on before you even get home, or check you’ve turned the iron off after you’ve left.
Works like an adaptor
The Hive Active Plug works like an adaptor: just plug it into your wall socket then plug your appliances into it as normal.
Switch on or off from wherever you are
Turn a lamp on – or the iron off – from wherever you are with a tap of the app.
Set a schedule
If you’re away, set your plug to turn your lights on up to six times a day to make it look like someone’s home.
Left home and left the the iron or hair straighteners on? Relax, you can double check and turn off wherever you are from the Hive app.
Set up Hive Actions
Sync your Hive Active Plug with other Hive devices using Hive Actions. So if a fan’s connected to a Hive Active Plug, a Hive Motion Sensor could turn it on as soon as you get home.
Hands-free at home
Got enough on your plate sorting breakfast for the kids but fancy a cuppa for yourself? If your kettle’s plugged in to a Hive Active Plug, just shout: “Alexa, turn on my plug!”
Sunset at the beach, lights on back home
Schedule any of your living room lamps to come on to make your home look lived in. You can program your plug to turn on and off up to six times a day.
Bring your home to life
Hive products work brilliantly on their own, but they’re even better when they work together to get your home working seamlessly around you.
back to menu ↑
Price History for Hive Active Plug
|Current Price||£23.00||4th December 2022|
|Highest Price||£23.00||20th June 2022|
|Lowest Price||£23.00||20th June 2022|
Last price changes
|£23.00||20th June 2022|
- All prices mentioned above are in British pound.
- This product is available in Ao, Argos, Wickes DIY UK, Screwfix, Currys, B&Q, Plumbnation, Amazon.co.uk, eBay, Very UK, John Lewis, bt.com.
- At ao.com you can purchase Hive Active Plug for only £23.00, which is 94% less than the cost in Very UK (£399.00).
- The lowest price of Hive Active Plug (Works with Alexa) was obtained on 4th December 2022 7:16 am.
back to menu ↑
Review: Hive Active Home28th September 2017 - Irish Times
There was a moment when I was installing the Hive hub that I thought: this is not going to end well. Despite my best efforts, it wasn't connecting to the app, which wouldn't usually be a good start. The hub is the key component of Hive's Active Home...
Hive smart home review: Good-value devices with useful connections8th September 2017 - ZDNet
Hive is an interesting smart home contender because it comes from a different background to high-tech rivals like Google, Amazon and Apple; Hive emerged from British Gas, which is part of utilities giant Centrica. While it's probably best known for its...
Review: Hive is an eccentric smart home system from British Gas28th August 2017 - Gearbrain (blog)
As a subscription based service, you'll pay monthly for The Hive which negates the upfront costs associated with some other competitors. Currently, Hive offers two plans: Welcome Home and Home Check. The Welcome Home Standard plan costs $24.99 a month...
Youtubeback to menu ↑
Generally good quality but should be at this price!
- Well made
- Requires Hive hub to work
- Limited compatibility